Ortho-Conglomerate (Sedimentary Clastic Rock)
by Metwally Hamza, Research Assistant in the field of geology with international published research papers. Academically interested in cosmic geology & planetary sciences. Geology fiend who likes to take photos of nature & geological features, Egypt
- Hand-Sample of Clast-Support Ortho-Conglomerate, it has up to 15% of the matrix.
- conglomerate is divided into two main types:
* Clast-Support Ortho-Conglomerate that has up to 15% of the matrix.
* Matrix-Support Para-Conglomerate that has less than 15% of the matrix.
- The blue-marked grains in the picture refer to an important morphological feature of conglomerate, is that conglomerate has rounded grains in microscopic slides and hand-samples.
Metwally Hamza (distributed via imaggeo.egu.eu)