The magical evergreen shrubs; Pyracantha
by Roshanak Tootoonchi, MSc student, Water resources engineering and management, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran (Islamic Republic of)
Native to an area extending from Southwest Europe east to Southeast Asia, Pyracanthas are one of the most beautiful evergreen shrubs I have ever seen in my life. As a photographer I've always enjoyed taking photos of them. And each photograph turns out to be unique and amazing.
The orange coloured fruit truly resembles its given name "Pyr (fire)" and "akanthos (thorn)".
Taken on 10
Submitted on 07 April 2020
- Atmospheric Sciences (793)
- Climate: Past, Present & Future (598)
- Energy, Resources and the Environment (251)
- Asia (923)
- Southern Asia (239)
- Iran (Islamic Republic of) (102)
- Exact location (46.3183 E, 38.0788 N)
Credit: Roshanak Tootoonchi (distributed via imaggeo.egu.eu)
Click to appreciate