Night sky over the emerald glacier Lake
by Masamichi Ohba, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry, Abiko, Japan
Lake Louise in Banff National Park, Canada.
The lake at night is very quiet. Travelers can slowly enjoy the starry sky on the lake.
The emerald color of the lake water comes from rock flour carried into the lake by melt-water from the glaciers.
Taken on 25
Submitted on Feb. 14, 2019
- Atmospheric Sciences (853)
- Climate: Past, Present & Future (679)
- Cryospheric Sciences (667)
- Earth Magnetism & Rock Physics (345)
- Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology & Volcanology (860)
- Geomorphology (1290)
- North America (739)
- Northern America (578)
- Canada (126)
- Exact location (-116.2116 W, 51.4172 N)
Download original file
3648 × 2432 px;
image/jpeg; 942.7 KB
Camera: RICOH RICOH GR
Software: No image edit
Credit: Masamichi Ohba (distributed via imaggeo.egu.eu)
Click to appreciate