Night sky over the emerald glacier Lake
by Masamichi Ohba, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry, Abiko, Japan
Lake Louise in Banff National Park, Canada.
The lake at night is very quiet. Travelers can slowly enjoy the starry sky on the lake.
The emerald color of the lake water comes from rock flour carried into the lake by melt-water from the glaciers.
Taken on 25
Submitted on 14 February 2019
- Atmospheric Sciences (793)
- Climate: Past, Present & Future (598)
- Cryospheric Sciences (611)
- Earth Magnetism & Rock Physics (332)
- Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology & Volcanology (785)
- Geomorphology (1161)
Credit: Masamichi Ohba (distributed via imaggeo.egu.eu)
Click to appreciate